About Nova Scotia WG
NSEN is a provincial, non-partisan umbrella organization. The NSEN will not take a political stand or endorse a politcal party. However, member groups and issue specific caucuses of the NSEN, such as the Environmental Education Caucus or Climate Change Caucus, may choose to take a political stand on specific issues. As well, for its member groups, the NSEN organizes an All Parties’ environmental survey and platform review, an All Parties’ Environment and Health Forum, and press conference during provincial elections.
Sustainability Education in Nova Scotia for Everyone (SENSE) is a group of organizations, businesses and individuals dedicated to the promotion of ideas and practices which will help Nova Scotia become sustainable. SENSE is part of a national network of Provincial and Territorial Working Groups striving to achieve the objectives of the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) from 2005-2014.
The objectives of the Nova Scotia Environmental Network are:
- To provide a medium of communication for its members via a list serv, web site and annual publications
- To encourage its members to share information, resources, energy, and expertise
- To facilitate communications and interaction between its members, affiliate networks, governments and the general public on environmental issues, policies and programs
- To bring members together through the caucuses, biannual roundtables, and annual conferences
- To act as a liaison between members and the provincial and federal government
- To provide its members access to the programs and resources of the Canadian Environmental Network
- To carry out educational activities that develop community awareness of environmental conservation and promote sustainability, and to encourage other organizations to do the same
- To read more, please visit: http://www.nsen.ca/mission.php