À propos d'Alberta GT
Alberta Education for Sustainable Development will provide a place for imagination to meet the challenge of building a frame for a new kind of action that will provide a new way of being together in the world. A world in which our immediate and future needs are met in a manner that protects Earth’s living systems and provides for a safe and just global community.
- To develop sustainable communities that demonstrate sustainable living in all aspects from design, structures/infrastructure, education, and meeting needs of community members
- To create a community-based education model that is intergenerational and interdisciplinary
- To ensure education is developing civically engaged citizens that will advocate for peace, social justice and healthy ecological systems.
- To maintain a structure(s) to implement Alberta Working Group activities.
- To build bridges between formal, non-formal and informal education sectors.
- To complete a design for building a Carbon Neutral Ecovillage.
- To provide leadership training for communities on citizenship, peace and ecoliteracy education.
- To provide membership to the NESDEC as per criteria.
- To develop consistent ESD language for Alberta and incorporate into organizations’ messaging.
- To use existing networks to share the Alberta ESD and NESDEC activities.
- To establish a web site to compile and share the work of the Alberta ESD and NESDEC initiatives.
- To develop a plan to evaluate overall success of ESD activities in Alberta during the UN Decade.